Sunday, December 21, 2014

World War Z - DVD Review


          World War Z is a modern day horror thriller starring Brad Pitt about Zombies over running the entire world.  It seems to be a popular concept since The Walking Dead has done well on AMC.  I will say ahead of time that I am not one of those viewers. 

          I should say that I’m not a fan of this genre and have seen other movies in the past such as Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead.  I heard good things about this movie and decided I would give it a try since I can’t seem to find other good movies through Netflix. 

           I would say that if you’re looking for an intense thriller from start to finish, then this movie would be for you.  It’s not as gory as the other movies that I have mentioned which is a good thing although there are some graphic violent scenes that I did not care for but it’s to be expected for this type of movie. 

           The plot centers on Zombies taking over the world and Brad Pitt playing a UN worker as he tries to solve the mystery as to how this started.  Pitt doesn’t want to go but is forced since this is the only way that his wife and kids could stay on a ship.   

           We see him go to various parts of the world from North Korea to Israel.   All the scenes are terrifying as the Zombies run through the world killing people.  Special effects of car crashes and looting in drug stores in New Jersey only bring out more tension in the movie as well.  

            I would say that the movie is a step up from other movies in the past that I have mentioned.  My only hope is that I won’t have nightmares for the rest of my life after seeing a movie like this.  If you are looking for an intense movie with non-stop action, then you could take a chance on this one if you’re not too squeamish.

            As far as my rating goes, I would give it 3 stars.  I would like to remind hollywood  producers again that since this movie was made in 2013, then it would be important to say that Hispanic men and women can speak English now.  You deserve to lose a star from me for not realizing that.  

Ron Hummer 

No comments:

Post a Comment